Re: [Harp-L] Cellphone Blues

"Just remember this is why in America we are not a metric nation, the metric system is just not poetic."

Thank you Jerry, I really cannot tell you how reassurring it is to know that the richest and most powerful nations in the world  chooses its unit of measurement upon the basis of it's capacity to be turned into blues lyrics.

There is some potential in the metric system though -

That girls such a cheater
I wouldn't trust her a millimetre - a bit painful I know but I'm still fried from work, so inspirations a bit absent

We're a bit different to our more rational(?) European neighbours as we kind of do both metric and imperial (as we call it).  I always do that with temperatures - it's so hot today must be in the 90s (farhenheit) or it's really cold today and there's ice on the ground, must be below zero (celcius).

Sorry to disappoint you Jim but 10p ain't no use in a phone box anymore, it's 20p minimum I'm afraid, if you can find a phone box that is.....

Like the lyric!

Bill