RE: [Harp-L] What does "wrong" mean tonally? And what about texture?

Dave:

I wish we were all sitting in a room together to discuss this stuff as it
would be much easier verbalizing than writing these thoughts for sure.  I am
first and foremost a blues guy.  I'd like to get there with three notes vs.
30 any time that is possible and tone is king!  :O)

There was some discussion on a thread recently regarding the 2 draw
fundamental, the 1/2 step bend and full bend.  Walter did it many moons ago
as many have done since. To me, PB seemed (not specifically on the two hole
just using as an example) to use the two blow in lieu of the two full bend
and it sounded wrong. Now I too have zero technical knowledge and have a
very tough time putting in to words what I hear but hopefully this will do
good enough to get someone involved to clarify!

Anthony "wishing I had a witty Fertig comment to put in here" Smith.

I am intrigued by musicians' quite varied reaction to various tonalities
that emanate from harmonicas, both diatonic and chromatic, etc.   And by
tonalities, I mean both the actual notes and their pitch, and then the
textures for which harps are almost uniquely capable.

As for notes and pitch: Anthony's apt personal observations (re: Butter, see
below - & I LOVE PB's playing) are like those of many others re: other
players (setting aside busy-ness/genre choices), and suggest to me,
arguably, that some listeners' evaluation of a piece of music may be
strongly influenced by one's "perfect pitch" or intense ability to perceive
and identify specific notes/pitches, especially when one's ear is trained to
empiric scales, such as the western  "do re mi" scales.