[Harp-L] Re: Cell Phone Blues

--Forwarded Message Attachment--
From: bill.eborn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Fwd: [Harp-L] Cellphone Blues
CC:
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 13:58:48 +0100
To: Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Abner! -- And Bill, in answer to your quibble, this "song" was actually written in a very rare, little-known genre which pre-dated southern blues by many years. It was based on Acadian folk music brought to Ontario in the 1800's by Big Blind Angus MacHinery and the Furtrappers Blues Band, and it gradually evolved into what Canadian enthusiasts know today as "Transatlantic Blues."

This format allows the substitution of the word 'mobile' for 'cellular' throughout the song, as well as allowing U.K. monetary units to replace North American units.....so in the U.K., the fifth verse would read

Been at this phonebox

For an hour or three

Tryin' to get someone

To lend me 10 P.

Hope this clears things up!

Excellent!

My only quibble is would this not need to translate across the pond and over
here we don't cellphones we have mobiles, in the states i understand a
mobile might be something you stick up above a cot to stop the baby from
getting bored, so it's tricky innit!

Bill

  On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 1:45 PM, Abner Galdos <cdgaldos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Jim this was good.
>
> abner

We are your photos. Share us now with Windows Live Photos.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9666047