To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, July 05, 2009 5:37 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Harp mics

A month ago or so I went up to visit my pal Rupert Oysler and deliver an amp to him. We checked out his cool collection of mics (mostly modded Turners) and he pulled out a Ultimate 57 that he had gotten from Greg Heumann. I've played through 57s before in an "acoustic harp" kind of environment, but didn't think I dig it too much for playing straight through an amp. Well................I was wrong. I liked it a lot ! I ordered one about 2 weeks later after sending one of my own 57s to him. It's a very cool design with the volume control on the 57. I have found it to be real fat and very feedback resistant especially with a big amp with 40 or more watts. For smaller amps like my 14 watt Harvard or 55 Champ or Bogen amps I still dig my JT30s (ceramic and crystal) and T3 with a hot CM element.
I just wanted to tell you folks my experience with this cool mic.
As usual..............no kick-backs from the builder...............blah, blah, blah.
Mike "Wezo" Wesolowski
www.myspace.com/harpwezo
www.megatoneamps.com
www.bluesworldorder.com