Subject: [Harp-L] California, harmonica (Rob) and microphones (Greg)

Welcome Christelle!  Wow...so much accomplished in such a short  time...I
thought you'd still be recovering from jmajor jet lag - that was a long
trip, so figured I'd leave you alone for some well deserved R&R. You've  been
busy!

And you're right on time for the 4th of July Holiday...how cool is  that?
Your love for all things American is so evident. Hope you enjoy  every
moment and I'm very much looking forward to meeting you (other than  through the
webcam)  at SPAH next month and also checking out Greg's  products.

Keep up the good work!

Elizabeth
PS Rob's CD is on my 'must buy' list - which reminds me I hope he's
bringing copies of Etruscan Soul to SPAH since I hoped to get a personally
autographed copy?

"Message: 8
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 07:14:20 -0700
From: Christelle  Berthon <christellester@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

Hi  everybody,

This is not a kind of shameless plug but I need to say some  things to
you guys, that could be useful and relevant regarding 3  particular
points.

1) It has been a couple of days since I  arrived in the USA. I've got
already a lot to say about the country,  but let's stay focused on the
harmonica. For the ones who are in  California the Redwood little Fox
Jams in Redwood city is a really  great place, 3 hours after my landing
I was playing 2 songs at this  place with my friend Greg Heumann. I
recommend this place warmly to  all of you, that's a great place to
meet other musicians (had met 4  musicians out there in only 2 hours).

2) Rob Paparozzi's album "Etruscan  Soul": well, I don't know if it was
the California sun, the woods all  around, or an hallucination due to
the jet lag, but I fell completely  in love for the this CD. From the
Beatles to the Cuisaders type of  sound, Rob brings us into his own
world, with honesty, simplicity, and  humor. Some can say that there's
no overbends, that the music is out  of date....NO WAY. Rob has done a
terrific job. After this  Independence Day week end, I'm warmly
advising you to have this  album

3) I've reserved the best for the end: I've had the occasion to see  by
myself how Greg Heumann from Blowsmeaway Productions
(http://www.blowsmeaway.com/ultimate
) is working on microphones. This is  simply  an outstanding job. I'm
not really into bullet type of  microphone (only my opinion here) but
seeing Greg turning a ridiculous  piece of wood into a precious and
beautiful piece of art is extremely  touching. During this process I've
never seen Greg hesitating which is  extremely impressive. For the mods
it even "worse"...The constant  customer care that Greg is showing
can't be beaten, thinking "where  can I drill a hole to place the
volume control that 'll not damage the  aspect of this microphone, and
that'll be the easiest way for the  customer to have access to it?"...
In one word I would say "Greg  knows"

See you all at SPAH

Christelle Berthon

Official  website :  http://www.christelleharpqueen.net