[Harp-L] RE: Learning the chord harp

"Bradford Trainham" <bradford.trainham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
asked about learning The Chord Harp:
And while I'm on the subject of the chord harp, does anyone have any
thoughts about not just amplifying a chord harp, but possibly applying
choruses/delays/modeling/magic-filters and such?
Brad Trainham

Amplifying the chord harmonica is tough due to the size, particularly the 48
chord Hohner. I use two identical microphones set up about 1 foot apart
feeding my Crate acoustic amplifier or direct to the PA system. I don't use
a 'harp amp' at all, as I don't try to distort the chord sound. The only
effect I routinely use, and have recorded on several albums with, is a
rotary synth to get a B3 organ-like sound. I most often use a Korg Rotary
Synth, but at times have also used the rotary effect from my Line 6 POD as
well. The Korg allows a very good Leslie cabinet effect by using the speed
pedal to slow or increase the rotary effect.

Bill Otten