Re: [Harp-L] The Blues In Any Color

thanks John and rob. I like those three words, "just enjoy it".

Bullfrog

MundHarp@xxxxxxx wrote:
I am a "white boy"...
I have been playing blues on the harmonica for 47 years now. Since I was 13 years old. I'm now aged 60.
I'm about the same age as Peter Ruth, and he is a great blues player... And white.
My mortgage is foreclosed and I'll be homeless from 20th July.
Does the fact I'm about to be homeless "allow" me to be a blues player?
OF COURSE NOT.
Blues has NOTHING to do with colour or lack of money...
BLUES is music that comes from a person's heart and soul.
Back in 1981, I married a black woman, now my ex-wife. Her name is Natalie. She likes "Country and Western music" SHE IS BLACK.. I am white. She can't play or sing blues.
I have two wonderful "duel heritage" children.
Does that mean that my wonderful kids, because they are "of color", can play blues and I can't because I am a white English person?
OF COURSE NOT.
There is plenty of RUBBISH so called "Music" being created by lots of people. The colour of their skin has NOTHING to do with it!
BLUES is a wonderful music probably invented in Africa, and taken to America by people who had been enslaved.
Now it is a UNIVERSAL music...
Just enjoy it...
Sincerely,
John "Whiteboy" Walden