[Harp-L] Muddy Waters Woodstock Album

Been really digging-on this album of late.  Absolutely knock-out band, with Butter on harp and a list of other greats including; Bob Margolin, Pinetop Perkins, and a terrific horn section of Howard Johnson (didn't he also make good fried clams?!) & Garth Hudson.  I'm a "Caldonia" freak and this has a great version as well, with a slightly different head played by Butterfield, and a different vibe added by the organ.

Anyways, I know Muddy usually sang in the keys of G, A & E, but on this album most of the songs are in F and I'm wondering why?  Is it due to the horn section, or that Butter liked that key, or maybe another reason (he also seemed to play in F alot when Paul Oscher was with him)??

Just curious - sure is great practice for my Bb harp!

Thanks list~

Here's a link to the album: http://theband.hiof.no/albums/muddy_waters_woodstock.html  (it was at my local record store for only $6 bucks!)

Barry C.