[Harp-L] RE: EGS1217@aol.com

-----Original Message-----
From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 5:16 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Harp-L Digest, Vol 71, Issue 4

Elizabeth,

Sorry you are having one of those days.  No doubt that Little Walter would
be at home and add to any of the type music you mentioned. I can't think of
any harp player that was truly interested in his or her professional
development that would not benefit and enjoy studying Little Walter and
reading the comments of these learned folks about his style and influences.
In fact, they may well object to you placing them in a specific box and
obstructing their development.
As we all are, Little Walter was a product of his environment and what he
heard growing up. We, sorry Elizabeth, most of us, would love to go back in
time and personally see snippets of Little Walter as he developed his
skills.
Ron

Message: 8