Re: [Harp-L] A Practical Guide to the Harmonica Holder

Perhaps economy of scale could bring down the unit price. If so, I think it
would be a great item.

Pricing is tricky. The only frame of reference I have is the now-dufunct
Blues Tools rack* which I believe cost $30-$40. that's how much they cost someone
said in post on the Internet (probably not from from Harp List). If you search
for Blues Tools on the web, you find some guy offering to pay anything to get
one.   I got mine when I was contributing editor of American Harmonica
Newsmagazine, which also is now defunct.   The patent dates from 1997.

So what's inflation compounded over 120 years? About $45 for the $30 price
and $60 for the $40. Providing that my numbers are accurate, the $45 and $60 is
what the rack would cost in 2000

The harp carrier section needs to be at least 7 1/2 inches wide to handle a
Super 64 as well as XB40.

Marv Monroe (Buckeye Harmonica Club) came up with a carrier section in a
relaxed V-formation that would carry two XB40 harps. XB40 is about 4 3/4 inches.
So make it 5 inches to allow wiggle room for an XB40 or Hohner Slider Harp or
Koch slide harp. The XB40 fits in a Blues Tools but the Hohner Slider Harp is a
tad too wide. (1/32 or 1/16?).

*patent information about the Blues Tools harp rack:

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5619001.html?query=PN%2F5619001+OR+5619001&;
stemming=on