Re: [Harp-L] Was today's lesson, now Junior and Buddy

Okay, now I am chiming in.  I saw Albert King give a terrible
performance.  Every Buddy Guy show I have ever seen has been one of
the best shows I have ever seen.  Even as a teenager crazy in love
with harp and blues and the mystique of the whole thing I walked out
of TWO Junior Wells shows because I felt he was a scam artist who was
not playing with any depth while knowing that he would get hired back
year after year based on his name alone.

How many harp players does it takes to change a lightbulb and say,
"Hey I saw him, too and he phoned it in" before we can say he phoned
it in a LOT and that ain't cool.

Glass houses, I have phoned it in plenty.  I would guess I've an
average of play 3 times a week since I started gigging in 1986 and
sometimes I am just not feeling it.  I try and tell myself it is more
rock and roll to play how I really feel than to poker face it and put
out energy that is inauthentic.

So there's the new topic.  Have you phoned it in?

Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com
PS  That said, Hoodoo Man Blues, It's My Life Baby, Messin' with the
Kid and Harp Attack, my Junior recordings are GREAT!