[Harp-L] RE: Harp-L Digest, Vol 65, Issue 101

> Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 09:42:35 -0500
> From: "mike wesolowski"
> Subject: [Harp-L] Harp Convention
>
> Is anyone aware of a harmonica convention happening in Va. sometime in March? Someone mentioned something about it to me in passing recently, but I didn't catch any details.
> Mike
>
> ------------------------------

Virginia Harmonicafest "09"The Virginia Harmonicafest “09” will be held in Williamsburg, Virginia on Friday, March 13 and Saturday, March 14, 2009 Early Bird ticket price $40 if purchased by January 15th, 2009. Ticket price is $50 after January 15th for the 2-day festival.
Performers include: Peter "Madcat" Ruth, Bob Herndon and Jim Lohman, Annie  Raines, The Harmonica Hotshots, William Gallison, and Dave Kaplan.
This festival will include seminars; plenty of “open mic” time, raffles and door prizes, Friday and Saturday evening shows. Coast to Coast Music will have special prices on instruments, CD’s, and music accessories.

A special rate for the hotel rooms is $75 per day.  Advance reservations may be made at 1-757-229-4100 and ask for the sales office.  The hotel is the Clarion Hotel, 351 York Street, located in beautiful Williamsburg, VA,

Please send check or money order to:Tom McCraigCardinal State Harmonica Club201 N Lynnhaven Rd.Virginia Beach, VA 23452
For further information contact  Tom at harpplayer1@xxxxxxxxxxx

Sponsors: Cardinal State Harmonica Club, Capitol Harmonica Club, and Harmonica Plus of Newport News. Virginia
BTW, a lot of players arrive early on Thursday evening (March 12th) and jam the night away. I hope you can make it!
The headliners are always accessible to ask questions and to play along with during the jam sessions. Doug Puls andhis wife Rose Anne will also be there (from Coast-to-Coast Music). Doug is outstanding on both harp and guitar, and often provides the "glue" for the jams. I've already bought my ticket!
Crazy Bob
http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_hm_justgotbetter_explore_012009