RE: [Harp-L] dueling banjo and harp

> Hi, all. Anyone ever play the traditional "Dueling Banjos" thing (like Deliverance-style), but play it banjo vs. harp? If so, how does it sound? Does the harp basically just play the guitar parts, fairly note-for-note where possible?
> Thanks, Mike

The bane of many an Irish session at which a banjo has been spotted is the routine request for Duelling Banjos, along with requests for Wild Rover and Danny Boy, of course.   We do it in the key of G.  I find a G XB40 to be the thing to use if I don't feel like getting a chrom dirty just for this.  Yup, I just do the guitar part.  I want a guitarist there as well, though!  I'm sure there are other ways...
Steve
Twice the fun—Share photos while you chat with Windows Live Messenger. Learn more.
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/windows/windowslive/products/messenger.aspx