Re: [Harp-L] Cheap Repair Practice harps

When I first got Rupert's dvd I didn't really have any old harps to practice on, so when I was at the music store I picked up some cheap $4 harps made by Kay. Those harps aren't worth anything before or after working on them, but that was the idea, didn't matter if I screwed them up if I did it was a cheap lesson.

Chris
www.blowyourbrassoff.com

[Harp-L] Cheap Repair Practice harps

just a quick question to you all that repair your own harps

i think i know the answer, but checking anyway.

decided to get the lee oskar tool kit and book  and try from the beginning of this harmonica learning, to tune my own harps (good when you have no local selection).

anway, with nothing to practice on,  i wanted to know if it matter what Cheapie brand i buy to try with?

they are all cheap chinese plant ones,

i see Iolate, Hohner Piedmont, Berkeley, maybe johnson

either or?

thanks
jim