To: "robert mcgraw" <harpbob@xxxxxxxxxxx>; "harp-l harp-l" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2009 3:02 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Michael Polesky

I second Robert Mcgraw's observations. I've never played with a jazz harmonica player whose choice of notes is as sophisticated and profound as Michael's. I've heard him play with seasoned jazz musicians, and Michael's breaks are always among the best. And Michael is always eager to teach others what he knows. If you are serious about learning jazz harmonica, contact Michael!

David Naiditch
www.davidnaiditch.com
www.myspace.com/highdesertbluegrasssessions
www.cdbaby.com/cd/naiditch2
Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2009 11:53 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Michael Polesky

Several months ago David "Jazzman" Fairweather mentioned being helped by Michael
Polesky with "Around Midnight." this was a tune I was struggling with
myself at the time, so I emailed jazzman and asked him for tips; he suggested I email
Michael directly. I did, and Michael graciously sent me a long response with
wonderful suggestions about how to approach improvising over the changes to the tune, along with comments about the relevant theory behind his suggestions.
This was fantastic! The suggestions Michael made were just what i needed to hear, and while I didn't really understand all the things he wrote about theory, I
learned a bit there, too. Since that time, i have sort of become a student of Michael's via email...I send him tunes I need help with, and he sends me suggestions,
very well-written, frequently quite witty, and always helpful...also included are musings on the theory behind the suggestions; at this point much of the theory is
still over my head, but I'm learning. I'm not sure if Michael is looking for more work like this...and yes, I pay him...but if you are like me, a beginner/intermediate
jazz player, you might email him and ask...this has been a very productive learning situation for me, that's for sure...WVa BobP.S. by the way, Michael, when are
you gonna release the CD? You are working on one I hope?