Re: [Harp-L] Re: Juke

this one is more representative of the original - love the band's  support....

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dw1MUlTGOA&NR=1_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dw1MUlTGOA&NR=1)

In a message dated 1/23/2009 7:28:08 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
billrossoll@xxxxxxxxx writes:

The  story I have heard/read about Juke is that it was simply a jam that
the  band used as a break lead-in. Little Walter originally called it
something  like "Your Cat Will Play". He reportedly got the theme from
something that  Sunnyland Slim was doing. The rhythm "irregularities" are
simply  mistakes.Is all that true? Dunno. I do know this, though. George
Smith  felt no compulsion to duplicate the "mistakes". He straightened it
out and  kicked some serious butt in the process. Here's a youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AVEzq3wMfg