[Harp-L] Ghost Notes/Nadine

Here's a little exercise if anyone is interested: Mos Def does Chuck Berry's Nadine on the Cadillac records soundtrack. Lately I've been using split interval double stops trying to see how close I can come to sounding like the 2 saxophones playing the repeating sax riff on that tune. Some approximation is required, but it's the phrasing and overall feel and effect that I'm trying to emulate, not necessarily the exact notes the horns are playing.

This is one kind of thing a player can try do with ghost notes/ difference tones if the ability to play split interval double stops with facility is developed.

Btw, I won't really know for sure if what I'm trying to play will work until i attempt to do it with a band. But' it's fun trying to figure out what might work. Cool riff.

JP