Re: [Harp-L] New to Harmonica

I'M NOT YELLING!!

--- On Wed, 1/21/09, Wolf Kristiansen <wolfkristiansen@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: Wolf Kristiansen <wolfkristiansen@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] New to Harmonica
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 4:39 PM

Hi-- I'm new to harmonica.  Just wondering-- are plastic or wood combs the
best?

TITANIUM. WOOD AND PLASTIC ARE FOR WEAKLINGS.

Should I learn tongue blocking or lip pursing?

BOTH ARE TOO LIMITING. ANGLE THE HARP SO THAT YOU CAN GET ONE OR BOTH NOSTRILS ALIGNED WITH EITHER CORNER OF YOUR MOUTH.

Are tube amps or solid
state amps best for harmonica?

AMPS ARE FOR WIMPS. GET A LARGE ZINC MEGAPHONE.

What's best, chromatic harmonicas or
diatonic harmonicas?

FORGET THAT. BUY AN ACCORDION AND REMOVE THE REEDBLOCKS
FROM THE BASS SIDE AND PLAY THOSE INSTEAD.

How do I learn to play Juke, by Little Walter?

WHO?

Who is the
best harmonica player in the world?

THE ONE WHO CAN CHANGE A LIGHTBULB BETTER THAN YOU CAN.

What is all this about overblowing?  I have
a feeling I've been underblowing.

ETIHER YOUR PLAYING BLOWS OR IT DOESN'T.
IT'S NOT A QUESTION OF DEGREES
(LIKE BEING A LITTLE BIT PREGNANT). SAME GOES IF YOU SUCK.

Where do I get this "Fender
Bassman" amp I've been hearing about?

SEE ABOVE.

Will I be ready for stage in
three months?

YOU"RE READY WHEN YOU DEVELOP ENOUGH RUNNING SPEED,
ARM STRENGTH, AND FAST REFLEXES TO DODGE THROWN OBJECTS.

Anyways, that's all I can think of right now.  I'll look
for your answers tomorrow, and thanks in advance.

YOU'RE WELCOME.

EXRAY SNOWSLIW

Cheers,

kris wolfiansen