[Harp-L] More Props for Chuck Gurney and the Cruncher

I have to join the ranks of the folks on Harp-L who have had a great
experience with Chuck Gurney of Fat Bottom Mics.  I just bought a
black label CR element through Chuck.  Chuck patiently provided me
many options and great advice from providing just an element through
building up a full custom mic for me.  For this round I just went with
the CR.  He shipped it immediately.  This vintage element was in
pristine condition and looked like brand new.  I received it just a
day before my gig last Saturday.  I mounted in one of my shells and
had the pleasure of performing with it and my relatively new Sonny Jr
Cruncher.  What a killer combo.  This element was everything I hoped
it to be in terms of mid and high range tone with big bottom end.
Chuck was a pleasure to deal with and his stuff is first rate.

The club I was playing at was quite small.  I had the Cruncher tubed
down and playing at a minimum volume.  Even then this combo produced a
nice overdriven tone.  I can't wait to get to the outdoor gigs this
Spring and Summer and let this setup rip!

Here is a link to some recordings for those interested:

http://www.myspace.com/coldrail

The bottom end is best heard on the "Lonesome Bedroom Blues" clip on a
Bb Seydel 1847.

Now if I can only get some of this magic for my vocals!

Glenn