RE: [Harp-L] Best harp amp....

I play through my P.A. system for my one-man shows. These shows consist of
show tunes, classic country, and jazz selections.

For Rock and Blues gigs as a sideman I use one of two amps:

1. My favorite amp is an old Alamo Paragon two channel Bass Amp with a 15"
driver in a sealed cabinet, 1 pre-amp tube and two 6L6 power tubes. It's
noisy and needs new caps., but it has the best overall tone of any loud amp
I've ever used.

2. Close second is a Pignose B-100V with two pre-amp tubes and four 6L6 GC
power tubes. I swapped the pre-amp tubes for a set that breaks up a bit
earlier than the 12-AT 10's that came with it. At 100 watts, it's got more
power than I'll ever need. I have two cabs, a shallow sealed cab with a 15"
driver, and a sealed unit with four 10" drivers.

I prefer bass amps because they have fewer pre-amp tubes, making feedback
almost a thing of the past, and I play bass guitar at as many club gigs as I
do harmonica these days. Band leaders seem to appreciate players (both bass
& harp) that aren't frustrated lead guitar pickers playing some other
instrument just to get gigs. Foundation, Foundation, Foundation.

Best Regards,
Dennis M. Cooper
http://www.CooperProfessional.com
http://www.dennis-cooper.com