RE: [Harp-L] why the legendary blues cats don't overblow (was:TB or pucker)

> From: eviltweed@xxxxxxxxx
It's like> overblowers wondering why the legendary blues cats don't overblow. It's> because the overblows are reedy thin in tone and approximate in pitch. But> you'll never convince their advocates that that is true!> > (Ducks for cover)

Dennis Gruenling is the "traditional" player that disproves this.
(I think Dennis is a pretty innovative player inspired by tradition)
I think many afficionados of a traditional style eschew overblows for these reasons:
1.) It is simply not in the tradition.
2.) It would be an old dog having to learn a new trick.
3.) They take practice to not sound thin and pitchy and IMO very few harmonica players REALLY practice. (Ducks for cover)Michael Peloquin http://www.harpsax.com http://www.myspace.com/peloquinharpsax