From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of jim.alciere@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2009 8:24 AM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] re: Sonny Terry

Regardless of how Sonny played, (and man, could he play!) it's fun to play
his stuff amped up with a tongue block embouchure.
You can add tongue slaps and octaves to Fox Hunt or Lost John. Add a
Lightning Hopkins type riff on the electric guitar, and you can play it in a
bar and really work up the crowd. Not hard to throw in Jimi's VooDoo Chile
into the mix either.

It's also fun to throw a John Popper riff into a song like Turn On Your Love
Light and put some of Sonny's whoops in it. It's really cool to mix
something like Fox Hunt with Runaround.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1372404/dhoozh_chapter_1.html
http://www.myspace.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals