[Harp-L] 'Lost' Tongue Blocking Techniques for Solo Harmonica

Hi Players,

I'm interested in solo harmonica- the 'lost' pre-war Blues and Country Blues, Quebecois and Old-Time techniques.

Winslow explains and teaches chording, tongue slaps, tongue splits, the chord rake, the chord hammer, the shimmer, and corner switching in the chapter of 'Harmonica for Dummies' entitled 'Enhancing Your Sound with Your Tongue on the Harp'.

Some of these techniques I would never have discovered.

Dave Barrett uses slightly different terminology to differentiate tongue-blocking techniques, but describes many of the same things and perhaps adds some more (fake octaves, flutter tongue, side flutter tongue):

http://www.harmonicasessions.com/dec07/barrett.pdf

Last night I listened to Richard Hunter's 'The Act of Being Free in One Act' after a listening hiatus of several years.

I was astounded at his range of techniques.

 I'm not sure he couldn't add to the above lists.

Can anyone add and describe more 'lost' tongue-blocking techniques to this list, or suggest a good resource?

Thanks,

Marc