Re: [Harp-L] Embouchre clarificattion-lips

Seems like the semantics relate to what exactly are the lips. I read the description as actually referring to the vermilion, which is the red border around the mouth opening we often refer to as the lips. The accurate definition of the lips encompasses the entire fleshy fold around the mouth down to the junction with the mandible below or up to the nose above.
Here is one link for general interest. http://www.scribd.com/doc/4097604/Anatomy-Face-Lip
Jon

Blueharp1@xxxxxxx wrote:
JP, I think the confusion may be just a matter of semantics...I read your original post as saying the lips are not in contact with the harp, except at the corners of the mouth. Re-reading your post, you may have been saying the lips are not in contact with the FRONT of the harp, except at the courners of the mouth.
Or that that only the insides of the lips are in contact...
Yes? I know, its a pretty abstact thing to talk about, and much easier to see and do.
Jeff G
Denver