Re: [Harp-L] Modes and 12th position

An F mixolydian scale is an F major scale with a flattened seventh.
F Major F G A Bb C D E F
F Mixolydian F G A Bb C D Eb F
This uses the same notes as a Bb major scale buts starts on the F.
The connection to the C scales is that the C mixolydian mode C D E F G
A Bb C (C major with a flat 7th) uses the same notes as the F major
scale.

If you can overblow 1 and 4 and bend 8, or valve 2 and 5 and bend 8,
you can play the F mixolydian scale.

Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com