Re: [Harp-L] Standing around feeling stupid

Can someone "Gus" the mystery harp?

Dan
----- Original Message ----- From: "Abner Galdos" <cdgaldos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "John Balding" <John.Balding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2009 9:56 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Standing around feeling stupid

good one.

abner
----- Original Message ----- From: John Balding To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2009 5:18 PM

Okay...I wasn't gonna give up a trade secret, but since we're all friends here...

 When I'm playing at a jam session, where you have no idea what's coming
 next, I sometimes employ a technique I call the "mystery harp".

 When someone calls out a tune that is a solid no-go for harp, I cup the
 mic in standard form, but I put my lips to my thumb instead of the harp.
 I then proceed to merrily "play" fills and such - cheeks puffing in and
 out - the whole nine yards.

 When the guitarist gives me "the look", (you know the look - "You wanna
 take a solo?") I shake my head NO. After the song, I wiggle some cords,
 turn some dials and voila! Whatta ya know! It works again! I guess I'm
 going to have to replace that darn mic cable...it's been giving me this
 kind of trouble for years...

 John Balding
 Tallahassee, FL