Re: Fwd: [Harp-L] 4th position

Larry Marks wrote:
<What is it that you (and a number of other) find so attractive about 4th
<position? I find it annoying because the tonic is a bend, and not a
<particularly pretty one to sustain.

I agree, although the problem with the bend to the tonic is only in the bottom octave.

An easy way to solve that problem is to use a "Paddy Richter" tuning--standard tuning with the blow 3 reed tuned up a whole step (i.e. G to A on a C harp).

The Paddy Richter tuning works great for 2nd and 3rd position too.

Regards, Richard Hunter