[Harp-L] 30000th member signs on to Tony Eyers Chinese Harmonica site

In 2006 I set up a harmonica teaching site in China. Today the 30000th member signed up.

This means that 30000 Chinese people (or a mid sized football stadium full) are now interested in learning diatonic. For better or for worse I'm the one telling them how it should be done.

I would like to acknowledge the contribution of my Chinese webmaster Shiwee, who has done the translations, written and managed the web site, and most importantly, built the community. We were both invited to the recent Asia-Pacific Harmonica Festival, and together we feature significantly on the Asian harmonica scene.

For those interested, the site is at http://www.kouqin.com.cn

The lessons on my Chinese site are essentially the same as the ones on my Harmonica Academy site. In addition to the lessons, the site has music by myself and many others, and an active forum. I answer questions on this forum (through my translator). Also some experienced Chinese players are on the forum, and also answer questions from the (many) new players who have joined the site.

China is a country on the move, and we anticipate major additional growth for the site. Like any venture in Asia, the site has required a long term commitment.

I am very proud to have contributed to the Asian harmonica community through my site. I can assure harp-l members that we will hear much about Asian players in the years to come.

Tony Eyers
Australia
www.HarmonicaAcademmy.com
...everyone plays