[Harp-L] Where will the knowledge go?

On the subject of alternate tunings, Richard Hunter writes "How will future players acquire those instruments and learn the techniques?" These questions have clear answers.

Firstly, the knowledge will go on to the web (or whatever form of it exists for future generations). Brendan outlines many of his tunings on his site, at http://www.brendan-power.com Similarly my approach to tunings is at http://www.harmonicatunes.com/retuned.shtml

The instruments can be made by the players themselves. The techniques for re-tuning are readily available on the web, along with the tools to do so (e.g. Richard Sleigh's excellent toolkit at http://customharmonicas.com/r-sleigh ) Or one of the growing number of skilled customisers will take on the job.

We live in the information age. Whatever problems it may bring, losing knowledge will not be one of them.

Tony Eyers
Australia
www.HarmonicaAcademy.com
...everyone plays