Subject: [Harp-L] Help with harpdepot.com

Hi Ross:   I took the following from Harp Depot's  website....as you can see
from this statement ( under: Open Hours), they're only  available 'by phone'
for limited hours.  I believe Andrew (Doc's son) is  the contact person there,
so if you called other than from Mon - Thurs..during  the one hour lunch break
at the other times, it might be why you couldn't  get a person on the phone.

I am not a spokesperson for Doc or Harp Depot, just taking this info from
their website.

I have dealt with them as a customer since 2005 with no problems  whatsoever
(as have most people who go to SPAH and Buckeye and the now ended  GSHC
conventions)...however most of it has been directly buying chromatics,  diatonics
and other harmonica related items during the 8 conventions I attended  for which
they were the main in-house Vendor. Any complaint I had (there were a  couple
of small issues)...was handled immediately and to my  satisfaction.

I can't imagine anyone believing they're in any way dishonest since they're
known by so many people from SPAH, etc. as a reputable seller..and have always
 treated the people at the conventions extremely well with the lowest prices
possible on chromatics (in my case) and in donating items for the Raffles to
benefit SPAH, as well as their supplying free harmonicas to the troops
overseas  -  10,000 by the end of 2007 and aiming for 2,000 more for the end of
2008). Doc has never remotely come across as 'dishonest' in any of the dealings
I've had with him, nor in any I've witnessed between him and the many  friends
of mine who've also shopped at the harp depot store.

 Possibly Doc does have too many things going on to have his  mailorder
business running as efficiently as it could? ...I can't say. I'm not a  spokeswoman
for them..merely giving you my impressions as a long-term satisfied  customer.

I hope your matter is resolved asap.

Elizabeth

"
Open  Hours

We are open from Monday through Thursday, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.  We take a
one hour lunch break from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. This is the  time period during
which we schedule staff to answer calls.  We may answer the phones at other times
too, but their is no  guarantee.
We are closed Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. We are closed on  all holidays
and from Christmas through New Years. We  frequently work during these times,
but are not taking most  telephone calls. We prefer to do business by email,
which we  can then respond to when we have the time.
We do not have a walk-in store! While we like customers, we  prefer to do
business by email. Please do not just show up without  an appointment because we
are not sheduled to accomodate walk-ins.  The email address we currently
prefer is _Andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:Andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) .

Message: 8