[Harp-L] Rick Eppings "Bunker Busters"

In a recent mail Rick Epping casually mentioned his "hot rod"  octave
harmonicas which he has handcrafted using Hohner Chromatic Combs and reed
plates. A few years ago at some of the informal jam sessions which occur at
the annual Willie Clancy Summer Schools Rick  wowed the audience by showing
them that with this "superior weapon" he could hold his own [without
resorting to an amplifier]in the company of the Banjos and Button
Accordeons.
Last year at the Harmonica Workshops he dismantled one and showed us how he
made it.
All I can say is "don't try this at home kids!"  - unless you happen to be a
watchmaker and/or a master craftsman.
However Rick said that he thought Seydel had since made a similar ten hole
mouth organ using chromatic underpinnings but in tremolo tuning. I have been
meaning to get onto Seydel to ask them if they would do one in octave
tuning, but like many other projects I never actually got around to it.
Beannachtai
Aongus Mac Cana