Re: [Harp-L] Re: the small amp for beginners controversy

Thanks Ray,

I have a couple of mid sixties Super Reverbs and a 64 deluxe reverb (modified for more headroom) that have been my harp and guitar amps most of my life. I've tried many other amps, and actually own several others, but blackface reverbs are just the best for me. I bought a Fender custom shop Vibroking several years ago thinking I would retire my old super reverb that I've had since the 60's, but it's just never sounded as good. In an effort to lighten up my load, I recently bought a HG-35 from Harpgear (essentially a tweed super anp size/voiced for harp, I believe) it's got enough power to play small and medium sized rooms with reasonable guitar players, sound clean when you want, yet honk when needed. It's really a very nice amplifier, and sooo much lighter than a super reverb for an old man. Lately it's been the modified Deluxe reverb for guitar, and the HG-35 for harp, I can carry one in each hand! I love it, James