Re: [Harp-L] Question re small amp.

I'm not familiar with that amp but even if I was I don't think it's possible to answer a question like that. There are so many variables. Is the floor tiled or carpeted? Plate glass windows or curtains? Beer cooler or air conditioner. Street noise, talking audience, clinking glasses, etc. Is the house full of people or empty? Is there a noisy espresso machine? Are you playing solo or with a band or singer. It's endless. Your best bet is to get someone from the back of the room to tell you if you can be heard well or are you too loud.

What style of music do you play? I can think of some circumstances in a room that small where you would not need an amp at all.

Wm.Galley wrote:
I have recently obtained a small amp -- a 'Fender, Sidekick 15' (solid state)

The back is 2/3 open and the power cord folds nicely in there.

The controls along the front face are
 Mic Jack -- Volume -- Gain  --  Master  -- Treble  --  Middle  -- Bass

I play a small venue, 40 by 50 ft. (2000 sq. ft.) full of tables & chairs, coffee bar and dance floor.

I set volume at 3 (seem OK) but what should the other knob numbers be ?

I change numbers myself, but I need to be at  the other side of the room to judge properly what is going on.   Could someone give me some (rough idea) numbers
for a start ?  This is strictly for harp, and I use an Audix Fireball V  with an in-line
Hi / Low transformer.  (Hi seems best !)

Also have a "Bottle O' Blues Mic with 1watt 'Smokey Amp' (Not tried yet) Thanks for any ideas. BG