Re: [Harp-L] Digitech 200 question

"Daniel Perrone" wrote:
< I understand than when playing blues with the traditional tube amp, bullet mic set up is very important to cup and seal the mic well to <drive the mic/amp to produce the desired blues amped sound.
<I am thinking of buying a Digitech 200 in the future to play through my keyboard amp (or even a PA system). Assuming that the Digitech 200 <is well patched to emulate any of the well known blues tube amps, my question is : How critical is it to tightly cup the microphone ? <Since all the effects are now digital do you still have to obtain a good seal around the mic when going for the traditional blues amped <sound.

The short answer is yes.  An amp modeler like the Digitech RP200 is designed to emulate an amp (and some of the effects you might use with an amp).  So if you do certain things with a mic to get a certain sound when you play through a real amp, you'd do the same things with the mic to get similar sounds with an amp modeler.

In other words, the amp is the amp and the mic is the mic.

Thanks, Richard Hunter