De: EGS1217@xxxxxxx [mailto:EGS1217@xxxxxxx]
Enviado el: viernes, 09 de enero de 2009 14:43
Para: wadijm@xxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: glcalahan@xxxxxxxxx; coast2coastmusic@xxxxxxxxx; harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Asunto: Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Hohner CX-12 Jazz Chromatic

Wadi:  a replacement black CX-12 cover is available here in the States for
$42...which is fairly reasonable if the housing breaks and one needs a
replacement.

But I'm a bit puzzled by your comment about putting a chromonica or
Suzuki mouthpiece onto a CX-12.  How is that possible?

The CX-12 is a completely one-piece rounded shell, with the one piece slide
contained inside. Are you talking about attaching or gluing a separate
chromonica or suzuki mouthpiece onto the outside of it?  Somehow that just
doesn't compute, for me...since it would put the player's breath that much
further away from reaching the reeds, and I don't have a clue why anyone
would wish to do this.  Can you explain further?

I also think the cost of $200 just for the shell of the jazz cx-12 chromatic
is absolutely ludicrous, and I'm a long-time Hohner fan.

Elizabeth

Message: 2