[Harp-L] Re: amps for beginners?

In my case I bought an amp to have control over my sound. I've been playing for about a year and have recently started to play at church and to my surprise and delight people really liked it. They want more "mouth organ" music (lol, nobody has yet called it a harp). The only problem is that the only person that knows anything about the PA travels a lot so he is not there many times. If I tell anybody else to please " increase the bass a little, cut the treble a little and add a touch of reverb" they will probably run away in panic mode. On top of that, sometimes kids play with the knobs and on top of everything else the PA controls are in this room at the back, behind a glass window.
So I am very happy I got my amp, it's also fun to play with all the different affect at home, but for the most part I practice acoustically at home. In fact I've just subscribed to the " Harmonica Academy" website to complement my harp instruction books. It's lots of fun to sit at the computer and play along with the tracks, feels interactive.
Daniel