[Harp-L] Re: Turner Dynamic element

I tried that already and had no output at all.
The element is from a CD/BD/Challenger, the version without a fin. There is normally a transformer inside the shell of these mics, however in this case it's missing.
Maybe I'll stick a CR/CM in there instead. Although I would like to hear what the original element sounds like, if I can get it to work.

If your dynamic Turner is anything like mine (a 253), it's a low-Z element and the mic itself was wired as such, hence the lack of transformer. Try wiring it for that and use an inline transformer adapter if you just want to see if it works. I'm not smart enough about the specs of the element itself to recommend a proper transformer, but I'm sure someone else here can.

Seth

Paul Routledge wrote:

I have a Turner dynamic element from an old Turner mic, but the transformer is missing from inside the shell.
I tried wiring the element up as I would a CR/CM and got no output at all. Does this mean that the element is dead?

If not, is there somewhere I can get a replacement transformer from (I'm in the UK)
Or any other way of making it work?

Thanks