[Harp-L] Mickey Raphael - more than just a harmonica player

Willie Nelson has two, back-to-back  albums set for release in 2009. The
first, 'Willie and the Wheel,' is a  collaboration of Western swing songs with
_Asleep at the Wheel_ (http://www.theboot.com/tag/AsleepattheWheel/) . The
second, 'Naked Willie,' puts a new spin on some old favorites.

"There's  songs that I've had, good songs, that never got their due," the
75-year-old  country icon tells _Rolling Stone_
(http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/25020455/willie_on_the_soft_path) .

'Naked Willie' will include remixes of  recordings from 1966 - 1970,
stripped-down without orchestration or background  vocals. It's being produced by
Nelson's harmonica player, Mickey  Raphael.

"For the album cover, Willie took a picture of himself with his  iPhone while
he was in the bubble bath, and sent it to me," reports  Raphael.

'Naked Willie' indeed.

'Willie and the Wheel' is due in  stores in February, while 'Naked Willie'
will be released in  March.