[Harp-L] re: MIDI Harmonica - revisited

Thank you, Brad Trainham, for your reply.  You said (in no particular
order):

"I don't think too many harp players would use MIDI..."
I'm really glad to hear this; because to tell you the truth, I really dont
want to get involved in MIDI.

"I know MIDI accordions exist, but I've never heard anybody play one;"
I noticed the same thing... this technology seems to be more popular in
Europe than in the US..."

and
"What if... Instead of going the MIDI-enabled route, you pursued a design
similar to the Variax guitar that Line-6 makes wherein you're modeling
different harps, or even maybe... Different instruments with one physical
instrument."

I like this idea. In fact, I tried using a Line-6 unit, but as you point
out, its set up to emulate other guitars or bands, not instruments. Even
before the Line-6 experiments I was thinking of an old fashioned Hammond B3,
which provides dozens and dozens of voicings, categoried as "brassy" or
"woodwind" etc.. simply by introducing various overtones.  After fiddling
around with several harmonizer units and effects, I think the same can be
achieved on the ELX... if someone had the patience. (Based on your remarks,
I think I'll move it up the "to-do" list.")

Thanks again!

Turbodog