[Harp-L] Trying out my new amp. You Tube video

Hello harp-L members. Just got my new amp. My budget was quite limited (it had to cost less than $200. For now I am interested in a clean sound so I went with the Behringer ULTRATONE K450FX  keyboard amp ($176). After I added a Behringer XM8500 microphone ($20) and the cable plus shipping costs, well, I went above $200 but as long as I finish my “honey-do-list” I’ll be OK J J.

 Later (once I finish my “honey-do-list”, of course) I would like to buy a used Digitech 200 to try out new sounds. I’ve read a lot about it in the archives, posts by Richard Hunter specially.

Now, up until not long ago I did not know what an amp was and now I am trying to set up this thing to play at church this Saturday (small church, about 50 people). So following advice on numerous websites, especially the “Diatonic Harmonica Reference” site, I tried to emphasize the bass and de-emphasize the treble on the equalizer. Then added some reverb (I think). The amp comes with 100 of what they call FX presets, The first 50 says Hall/Room, the next 10 is for delay, then 10 for Chorus/Flg, 10 for Phaser/Pitch, 10 for mod+rev and 10 for mod+dly. Anyways, I picked effect # 89 and added a bit of that (mod+rev).

  So, let me know what you think, is it too much reverb, too little. How about the equalizer set up. At the end of the video there is a shot of the amp with the settings used. I know that many of this things are very subjective and opinions may vary but still think that all advice is useful.

Thanks,

Daniel

Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC6A94pYzbU