From: James boutilier <jamesb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Beginning Cajun Harp - Advice
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, January 1, 2009, 11:41 AM

I think this didn't post - sent from the wrong email... so, try again.

I got my Irish needs figured out -- gonna use a simple Paddy G Diatonic to
begin with.

But my second flavor is Cajun (acadian, not blues-mix).  Playing solo.

I'm trying to figure out what is the SINGLE BEST HARMONICA to get starting
this?

What is the most common KEY OF Harmonica played tunes for Acadian/Cajun -- I
love the sound of the Single Row Accordion.

And does anyone use alternate tunings for this or just straight tuned, straight
harp?

I read some folks using Melody Maker (but I figured that would mess up the
lower drone playing)
And some French Players like to go D- LD to match the fiddlers

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!