Re: [Harp-L] Which harmonica key to use?

Some great ideas about figuring out the key the song is in.
-----------
I once suggested to a harmonica player at   SPAH convention that one way to
figure out what key the song was in was to watch the chords played by the
guitarist.

"But I don't read music, " he exclaimed.

And he was serious.

Great job of showing what the finger shapes look like for both the open
string chords (cowboy chords) as well as the barre chords.

Then of course, there is always the piano chord shapes -- slightly easier
because the chord inversion frequently uses the root note as the lowest note in
the left hand.

Which only goes to show you that a little bit of knowledge about how the
other instruments work can make your life easier as a harmonica player -- even if
you don't choose to play them.

Phil