[Harp-L] Master the harmonica with master teacher David Harp at Kripalu

Anyone seeking "zen and the art of the harmonica" might want to attend the eponymous workshop at the Kirpalu center for yoga taking place next week: http://www.kripalu.org/program/view/AHM91/zen_and_the_art_of_harmonica

It's taught by the wizard instructor David Harp who can teach blues, rock, and folk harmonica in a lightning fast three minutes, as the title of his book promises. If 180 seconds is too long to wait, then you could try his other book: "Instant Blues Harmonica." His workshop description guarantees that by its end, students with absolutely no previous musical experience will be playing everything from Beethoven to Pachelbel to amplified blues to rock 'n' roll jam sessions. If you doubt these extraordinary claims, he has the credentials to back him up: This is the man who holds the world record in teaching the most people (2,569) to play harmonica at one time. What more compelling proof is there? But just for hell of it I checked out the harp-l archives to see what actual players had to say of him:
-"Listening to David Harp was excruciatingly painful. I
felt like I was in a class and Barney was the teacher."
-"He sounds like a Bronx hot dog vendor trying to convey the
subtleties of caviar."
-"That David Harp guy: ARRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHH."

So apparently he's not too popular in the harp community. But hey--who are we to complain about someone promoting our minority instrument? Even bad press is better than no press, right? Just look at Bob Dylan.... etc., etc., etc.

Ok, forgive my cynicism. David's workshop no doubt offers musical, emotional, and spiritual inspiration to many. Heck, I could benefit from such enlightenment myself, although I'd be more likely to get it in the Kripalu course, "Yoga and Chocolate: Living the Moment." Now there's instant results.

Ansel