Re: [Harp-L] Harp amps vs. Guitar amps

Correction I think. Drew you sound great in that clip playing the Clark. I was reading the thread backwards and picked the link out of a Bill Otten post. Whoever the heck that was sounds just fine and thanks for sending that in.

Swapping tubes doesn't just change the gain of an amplifier. Different pre amp tubes have different mu (sorry no symbol for that on my keyboard) and the eq of the tube is different. This is one of the reasons I pretty much always stay with a decent 12AX7 if that's what the manufacturer intended. I think 12AX7's are the best sounding of the 12 series pre amp tubes. fjm