[Harp-L] Pro amps

I never said anything about old school pros. I love the real  tweed or
brownface pro. I totally agree that original pros are the real deal. I  have even
had a pro built by Bill Odell in Calif using paper in oil caps, but  something
was missing even though we used a correct vintage speaker and Mercury
Magnetics trannies. Over time I think the caps and everything else break  in. I will
not speak again on repros. THE BEST vintage single 15" amplifier that  I am
sorry I let go of was a 1954 - 1956 Gibson GA77, they changed the circuit
completely in 1957 or 58. But those early ones, where no schematic exists,  except
for the one I have from a guy who got originally with his amp, are really
tremendous. I let far too many good amps go, and they are mostly in the
collection of John Nuzzo, who I am trying to broker a deal for him to send me  all his
20 vintage amps, 2 commandos, all original bandmasters, he has quite a
collection, but does not know how to know what is original or not. I will keep  you
guys up to speed so you have first shot, and I am sure he has some original
Pros in there. If anyone has an original GA77 from 54 - 56 and wants a
Schematic  for it, contact me offlist for a price, minimal, just to cover my shipping
and  time at the post office, which nowadays is a half hour every time I set
foot in  there. As I said, no schematic exists, either in the Tube amp book OR
the Gibson  schematic book, they list the 1954 but give you the later
schematic. I have  worked any differences out with Drew who I felt it appropriate to
apologize to  him personally off list. No matter what I am on, it does not give
me the right  to bash anyone's amp or anyone so I will apologize to the list
of gentlemen and  ladies for my one line blahhhhhh which was totally
inappropriate. Can someone  call Guiness book of records to see where I stand as far as
public apologies, I  think I must be up there close to the top:)))) At least
I am man enough to do  so, and make no excuses for whatever medication I am
on, I should simply shut up  if I don;t have anything positive to say. I asked
the list moderator to delete  my follow up post after what Drew said. He was a
bit harsh, but after so many  times you guys are tired of the same old thing
from me, as am I. Yesterday was a  day I barely got out of bed, but the short
time I did I was able to set myself  back a good ways. This crap is worse than
chemo, but no excuses. Everything  positive or nothing at all from me. I know
you have heard it before, but when my  friends start getting on me, I do take
a look at myself. If repros work for you,  more power to you. SJ
**************Get a jump start on your taxes. Find a tax professional in your
neighborhood today.