Re: [Harp-L] Harp content

On Feb 23, 2009, at 12:59 PM, michael rubin wrote:

I think the animosity stems from him showing any kind of ego.

I hadn't noticed any ego.

I'm the best, fastest, etc. I notice whenever I show my ego, I am received
negatively.

I hadn't noticed you showing any ego.

I also notice my competitive streak comes out with people
who I perceive as having an overactive ego.

Ok, I can understand that. There's a lot of that that goes on.

It is too bad, because ego is part of being human, we should have empathy and compassion for
it.

There's a few guys who need to tone it down a bit. Then there are a few who are SO quiet that it 'could' come off as arrogance....to me anyway. I could be wrong. I hope I am.

I also think there is animosity for him receiving attention that feels undeserved to the critics.

Yeah, I was sitting here pondering the critics and wondering what THEY sounded like. I mean, the only thing this Shane kid did was to do something as his own personal 'bid for recognition'. In the words of professor Harry Higgins.."I think he's got it".

  I place this in the "geek versus the high
school quarterback" category.  As in, why should he get attention, I
am so much smarter than he is!

Good analogy. Our son was the brain of the school. Girls wouldn't go out with him. 5 years later, when Chuck was a chemical engineer and all the jocks were fat drunken dope addicts, and the girls all had peeps from previous relationships, SUDDENLY they were all looking for security. I told Chuck 'Remember the Alamo'.

This is what I think all the fuss over Popper is about.

Well, Popper isn't my cup of tea, but I can allow as how he is an excellent player..at what he does. I never understood the fuss. The kid has probably worked awfully hard. Luckily he got a break. Most don't. Now if he would only stop singing lolol

smo-joe (portrait artist to Dorian Gray)

Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com