Re: [Harp-L] Harp amps

Randy Power wrote:
<I was told by a music store dude that a Keyboard amp would be best for a
<harp. Is there any truth to that?

It's true if you want to make a clean sound.  A keyboard amp is essentially a self-contained PA. Unless you add some kind of effects unit, like an amp modeler, you won't get anything but clean out of it.

I own a keyboard amp, and when I want a distorted sound I put either my Crate VC508 or an amp modeler in front of it.  But it's the thing I put in front that adds the distortion.  The keyboard amp just does clean and loud. It doesn't do dirty all by itself.

Regards, Richard Hunter