Re: R: [Harp-L] Question for Rob P etc & A train

S'alright folks! Came home from the pub last night in the crappiest dark brown mood ever, picked up my C harp and played the blues like a goddamn demon. It's just a crisis of confidence that's all and my neighbours love me, honest!

Been working on A train this morning in 1st on a C diatonic, I think it's ok actually. The tricky bit is trying to get the phrasing right on the G7s on bar 6 and just before the turnaround, what i've been doing though that seems to be helping is to play it as if i'm doing a solo downhome train blues, with my foot going and stuff and then properly with band in a box should be able to do it quicker as I get it. mind you, A Train done a'la train blues could be wicked for a solo spot I reckon!

I think I had a bit of a blind spot on it because we did at college last year and I was trying to play it in unison with a sax player, it's maybe a bit less of a technical challenge on the sax and she was ripping along and i found it a bit hard to keep up, so i bottled out and played some guide tone type stuff underneath, lovely to solo on though!

Bill