[Harp-L] Re: Baker / Goodman

Randy wrote:

Magnificent! As I was watching I imagined you two rehearsing!

Why thanks Randy, glad you liked it. I shall be hooking up with Dave again at the Frankfurt Music Trade Show at the beginning of April and who knows, we may even rehearse one day.

I think I like one on one performance like that better than a band. I love Roy Rogers and
Norton Buffalo. I¹m still trying to find a guitarist.

Good luck. I've mainly worked in small line ups since the mid 1980s, partly cos I got sick of lugging tons of gear around, partly because of volume levels, but mainly because I love performing in a duo or a trio. A duo is the smallest possible group and there's nowhere to hide, so any mistakes and errors of judgement are mercilessly exposed for all to see, but the communicative structures are very clear.

Do you feel like you¹re better now than you¹ve ever been? Or just open to more improvisation techniques and runs?

Better is a question for others to judge but I think learning is a cumulative process and feel that after 40 years I'm slowly getting the hang of it. Music is a language and with practise you become more fluent in speaking,

Steve