Re: [Harp-L] SPAH membership benefits / was Chromatic Blues

The one clear advantage is you get a copy of the quarterly Harmonica
Happenings, a slick paper four-color quarterly magazine that is the only paper
harmonica publication of its size still published in the USA.

Other publications are local harmonica club newsletters and don't compare in
the number of pages or the quality of articles. In addition there are the ads.

The last regularly published harmonica publication was American Harmonica
Newsmagazine which ceased publication in September 2005 on the death of its
publisher/editor Al Eichler.

Now the F & R Farrell and Kevin's Harps (Greatest Little Harp House) are
shuttered, they are no paper catalogues around anymore. Only web sites. While
useful and great for ordering, take more time to jump from "page" than flipping
pages in a printed catalogue.

The Hohner publication only appears "periodically" which may mean when they
get enough articles to fill an issue, they publish. But on no regular schedule.

Plus, SPAH is a worthy cause. Put your money where your mouth is.
Hope this helps

Phil Lloyd
Contributing Editor emeritus